- 6:00 p.m.
- First and Third Thursday of every month
- City Hall 95 W First Avenue
Monte Vista, CO 81144
- Scheduled before City Council Meetings as needed.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and minutes can be found in the council packets. Council packets are available one day before the meeting.
View Council Packets Here
- Dale Becker, Mayor Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Victor Sigala, Mayor Pro Tem Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Gary Johnson, Councilor Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Kathleen Ellithorpe, Councilor Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Joe Schlabach, Councilor Term Expires: December 31, 2019
The Mayor and City Council of the city of Monte Vista reviews and directs legislation, contracts, actions, policies, budgets, long-range plans and projects related to the business of the operation of the City. Council actions are by ordinance, resolutions, or motion passed at public meetings.
About the Mayor & City Council
The City of Monte Vista is a home rule municipality and legislates itself through a combination of the
The Mayor serves as Chair of City Council meetings; and the Council takes action on most administrative, contractual, and legal/legislative issues impacting the community.The Mayor and 4 Councilors are elected at-large by the qualified voters of the City and serve on various committees, boards
Neither the Mayor nor the Council
Provide and maintain infrastructure, facilities, and services that ensure the health, safety, and welfare