- 6:00 p.m.
- First and Third Thursday of every month
- City Hall 95 W First Avenue
Monte Vista, CO 81144
- Scheduled before City Council Meetings as needed.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes
- Debbie Garcia, Mayor Term Expires: December 31, 2017
- Carol Shroeder, Mayor Pro Tem Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Jason Lorenz, Councilor Term Expires: December 31, 2017
- Matthew Martinez, Councilor Term Expires: December 31, 2017
- Joe Schlabach, Councilor Term Expires: December 31, 2019
The Mayor and City Council of the city of Monte Vista reviews and directs legislation, contracts, actions, policies, budgets, long-range plans and projects related to the business of the operation of the City. Council actions are by ordinance, resolutions, or motion passed at public meetings.
About the Mayor & City Council
The City of Monte Vista is a home rule municipality and legislates itself through a combination of the voter sanctioned City Charter and State Statute. Monte Vista is a Council-Manager form of government, in which the City Manager takes direction from the Council and administers the day-to-day operations of the City.
The Mayor serves as Chair of City Council meetings; and the Council takes action on most administrative, contractual, and legal/legislative issues impacting the community.The Mayor and 4 Councilors are elected at-large by the qualified voters of the City and serve on various committees, boards and advisory groups. The Mayor is an elected position that serves a 4-year term.
Neither the Mayor nor the Council have regular business hours at City Hall. Each Council member is available by contacting City Hall. Direct any questions regarding City Council meetings or workshops to the City Clerk's Office.
Provide and maintain infrastructure, facilities, and services that ensure the health, safety, and welfare for all residents and visitors.